Goin back down memory lane..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For us older cats. Post up old school equipment you used of remember from the good old days of true, raw underrated power..

I was just talking to my brother about the PPI art amps he used to run. They were extremely good crisp amps. I personally have been using Fosgate forever starting with the Punch 150hd and the punch 45 back in the early 80's. Very underrated "cheater" amps.. I was running 4 Cerwin Vega 12's and 4 JBL 6x9's in my Blazer at one point powered by this duo.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever I think of old school power the first thing that comes to my mind is the Hifonics Colossus,Zeus, and Boltar. The older ones (the blue or the white ones) not the kind that are out now

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For us older cats. Post up old school equipment you used of remember from the good old days of true, raw underrated power..

....PPI art amppunch 45 back in the early 80's.....Cerwin Vega 12's .

Man, I remember those days. I liked those art series from PPI and the infamous Punch 45.
Older Phoenix Gold ZED equipment, Soundstream, old Orion HCCA amps and subs, and US AMPs VLX series amps.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
wish I had more pics, buddy had a ridiculous stereo back in the day. PPI art series, 8 OG solobarics, mb quart q series, etc. Here's a civic my boy Justin did right when the first L7s dropped
AA_2269_021A.jpg
AA_2269_008A.jpg
AA_2269_010A.jpg

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
can we talk about blaupunkt!! ahhahahahaha, now that shit just reminds me of robocop

anyways, im not old enough to remember the really old days of stereo equipment. In high school me and my friends were really into Lanzar amps powering infinity component sets, however i SILL want a set of infinity perfects.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish I had more pics, buddy had a ridiculous stereo back in the day. PPI art series, 8 OG solobarics, mb quart q series, etc. Here's a civic my boy Justin did right when the first L7s dropped
AA_2269_021A.jpg
AA_2269_008A.jpg
AA_2269_010A.jpg

Damn I forgot about the original Solobarics...They blew my mind when they first came out and i'm still impressed by the current models.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Kicker xs100, ppi art, or the earthquake powerhouse were damn good too. Buddy used to kill it at comps with those old school kickers, 50x2 @ 40hm...1400 or some shit x1@ 1ohm or lower. I knew a dude running one at 1/2ohm on 4 cerwin vega strokers and it was just ridiculous.

OP
OP
chistoso

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zapco made some really good shit there for a while.. Does anyone still make stuff here in the US? My homie had a Power650 in his El Camino and he ran the entire system with it with power to spare. 3-12's, 2-6x9's, 2-6.5's and 2 midbass bazookas.. The windows in the apartment complex we stayed at rattled when he drove by, this was back in 88-89

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap