Goodyear DuraTrac?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11Burb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the site and have been looking around for the past week while waiting to take delivery of my 2011 Z-71 Suburban. I'm planning on swapping out the tires and adding the Rancho Quick Lift in the next few weeks.. Has anyone had much experience with the Goodyear DuraTrac tires? I've had BFG All-Terrains on all my previous trucks and have been very please with their ability to resist punctures as I'm often driving around construction sites and ranch roads. I tried a set of Goodyear Silent Armors on my last truck and was not very impressed with them as far as puncture resistance, but they were definitely much quieter than the BFG's. Thanks for your input.

billard81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was not happy with puncture resistance on the Duratrac tires. Had them on a Sierra in 265/75/16. I would probably say they were worse than the Silent Armor. Maybe it was just my bad luck, but that was my experience.

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site and have been looking around for the past week while waiting to take delivery of my 2011 Z-71 Suburban. I'm planning on swapping out the tires and adding the Rancho Quick Lift in the next few weeks.. Has anyone had much experience with the Goodyear DuraTrac tires? I've had BFG All-Terrains on all my previous trucks and have been very please with their ability to resist punctures as I'm often driving around construction sites and ranch roads. I tried a set of Goodyear Silent Armors on my last truck and was not very impressed with them as far as puncture resistance, but they were definitely much quieter than the BFG's. Thanks for your input.

I have them on my '99 Yukon and plan to add them to the wife's Hummer.

They do have a noise to them. Sounds like a BFG A/T going down the road. They go through snow like mad!! I have about 2000 miles on them so far with no visible wear.

All in all, I LOVE them.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 13k miles or so on my 285/70-17 Duratracs on my '07 Tahoe with the CCM 2.5"/1" leveling kit. I friggin looooooooooove the tires. They are showing a little bit of wear, but nothing that I'm concerned about. They're load range D and I keep them at 50 psi so they're much, much stiffer than the stockers. I think the Duratracs are extremely quiet for such an aggressive looking tread. They performed great over the winter in the snow and ice, they do AWESOME in gravel/dirt....and they're pretty good in mud. I have not had them in fine/soft sand yet.......

linehaul

Reaction score
Greetings, first post here. I have the 265 duratracs on my 07 Suburban 2500. they are load range E. I have had duratracs on a previous vehicle and they are a Top rated tire for deep snow. they work wonders in a wisconsin blizzard!

001-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968