Grill Conversion (Upgrade)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3-lot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it a sacreligiuous adventure if i change my chevrolet grill (Fullsize Blazer) for a 98ish GMC grill? I think they look better with a billet grill over a chev IMO.
Whos done this conversion? other then lights what do i need different? is it just the grill shell and lower valance? Im buying new headlghts and i will make sure i get corner and parks for the GMC shell.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
we were going to change my girlfriends 88chev to a GMC grill but couldnt find the one we wanted in a complete kit.i like the GMC grill better.! i actually got her headlights going into my KON this week.

OP
OP
3-lot

3-lot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no one has any good information for me to let me know if its just grill and lower valance i need for the conversion? Any brackets different? Bolt holes in different places? Is the center support the same throughout?

JESSEGOTAYUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 89 Sierra had the sealed beam headlight front end, the ugly one, and I got a grill off a 1998 suburban and put it on and the lights and everything bolted perfectly in place, except for the little piece that goes under the bumper that fills in that gap, the one off the suburban wouldn't fit, and the original one off the sierra was to big, but that might just be because it's almost a 10 year diffrence on the parts? but it all fit together perfectly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO