Having a hard time with wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!

I've finally broken my wife's will and she has green lighted some wheels for the Yukon. I've currently got equipped the basic 18" wheels that come with the 2016 Yukon XL and I am trying to find a decent set of wheels at not a budget buster price.

To be completely transparent I think that the best looking wheels on these trucks are the denali wheels but its hard to stomach $500 a pop for them!!

Ones that have kind of caught my eye are the KMC KM700 or the Enkei X-Over.

If anyone knows a good spot to get denali wheels at cheaper than dealer cost I'd love to hear it I dont plan on doing too much to this vehicle since I like it as is so I'm not putting 35s or a lift kit on it. Will probably just throw a set of michelins at it for now.

Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing from you guys!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Look on Craigslist or ebay for much cheaper take offs. Call local wheel shops and ask.

OP
OP
D

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look on Craigslist or ebay for much cheaper take offs. Call local wheel shops and ask.

My only hesitation with ebay and replicas as a whole. Are they reliable wheels? Only worry cause this is the vehicle that my kids primarily ride in and I don't want to unknowingly put on a component that might not be as good.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
My only hesitation with ebay and replicas as a whole. Are they reliable wheels? Only worry cause this is the vehicle that my kids primarily ride in and I don't want to unknowingly put on a component that might not be as good.
I wouldn't be that worried about reps off eBay just don't get a deal thats too good to be true, and check your reviews, most of them are reputable and sell many sets of rims a day.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Jenney72chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got the ebay denali replicas for $900. They balanced pretty well. One wheel spun on the balancer with very little motion like the wheel was bent or the hub was a hair off center. Put it on the back and it feels fine. The paint is a little thin. Definitely worth the money for me. IMG_20170830_133329.jpg

billium39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was looking into getting the Denali wheels but ended up deciding against it when comparing price to some other options. If I was getting them I wasn't really too happy going the rep route bc some are better than others and with my luck I just didn't want to deal with them. I ended up ordering a set of Foose 22" that aren't flashy at all and still look like they can be a stock wheel which I really liked. Can't wait for them to come in and get them on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbycombs