Help. My lights don’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ernesto2009

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 chevy Tahoe. I did an LED conversion not to long ago and everything has been running great. Until i got pulled over for no Rear running lights??? I never ran resisters so it was just a plung and play. Has anyone had this? Also my front turn signals don’t stay on with my low beams. i believe they have something in common since they stopped working with the rear. rear only turns on for blinkers and brake lights

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 chevy Tahoe. I did an LED conversion not to long ago and everything has been running great. Until i got pulled over for no Rear running lights??? I never ran resisters so it was just a plung and play. Has anyone had this? Also my front turn signals don’t stay on with my low beams. i believe they have something in common since they stopped working with the rear. rear only turns on for blinkers and brake lights
one of the led lights probably went fubar, these light circuits like to see a certain ohm load so when a led goes whacky it can cause a whole bunch of lighting issues or if one them grounded out internally, you can see host of weird stuff happen.
I would try putting the original lights back in for now and see if that corrects the issue.
and check your fuses, if any of them are burnt that's a sign.....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ I'd replace one LED at a time with a known good incandescent bulb and locate the source of the failure. IMO, there is nothing wrong, system-wise, with putting the LEDs, so it is either the installation itself or an LED failure. I converted every light in the truck, inside and outside, with quality LEDs and no resistors, and I have no issues, other than the hyperflash. I kept the hyperflash, because it is more noticeable to other drivers on the road around you, and isn't that the purpose of a directional after all? I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states, though.

Hopefully, you bought quality LEDs and did not settle for something with a discounted price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap