HID ballast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just installed HID in my new foglights. (Smoke lense and 8000K HID)
But should I wrap that ballast in something? Or should I just leave it as it is?
I am thinking about dirt getting into that ballast or connections.
Haven’t checked if those ballast do get hot though.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Jac07

Reaction score
I think your fine I have mine right behind my grill in my truck so it catches all kinda of stuff. Your ballast will probably get warm but not enough to do anything.

OP
OP
Mr.Jack

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your fine I have mine right behind my grill in my truck so it catches all kinda of stuff. Your ballast will probably get warm but not enough to do anything.

So no need to wrap it up?

Jac07

Reaction score
I would say no. I have installed a lot of kits and never wrapped any of them. Never had any problems with them.

OP
OP
Mr.Jack

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already having problems with the right one. It only turns on every second time.
The old one works just fine when connecting them. Just the HID one causing problems.
I have no clue what is going on.
Do you?

Last edited:

CustomTahoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought the same thing when i first got my hids. but the connections have weatherproof sealings on them, so make sure you put the connectors in all the way to ensure a tight weatherproof seal.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
As for protecting the ballast from dirt/debris/water, it all depends on the ballast. Many, if not most, are built to take a beating and are water-tight, but some of them aren't. I'd check the specs on the particular type you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx