'Hoe's A/C Clutch not turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OpelBlitz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been a while, but I'm alive and I still have my '99 2-door. Went through a relatively mild winter with no problems, aside from defrosters not working well and not being able to control where my heat was blowing from.

But anyway, it's warming up big time here in Chicago -- and likely related to my defrosters not working well, my A/C isn't turning on. The clutch isn't engaging at all. I am able to turn it by hand, so I know it's not seized up. I've sifted through a bunch of A/C threads here and I tried a few things from the Haynes Repair Manual (Not overly helpful for A/C). What else can I check? I was told to check the voltage going to the compressor. I have a pretty nice multimeter, where would I check DC Voltage? (I did check the fuse, BTW, looks fine) Not very well-versed in HVAC systems. Thanks in advance!

PS: Probably obvious to most but I have the Vortec 5.7L V8.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mulitmeter won't do you any good at this point. if it has been getting progressively worse you have a leak. make sure the system is fully charged before probing around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968