Horsepower and aggressive exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello family I'm trying to get that aggressive get out of my way sound lol and add some more horses under the hood. So far I've put in a K&N 57 series CAI and added a 40 series flowmaster exhaust. So if any one can chime in with some helpful tips it would be greatly appreciated. Engine is 5.3L Stock accept for the CAI.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Long tube headers and Y pipe! Free flow cats , or just get the super max setup up by DynoTech and you get it all.!

It scares small children and woman in parking lots just on start up! Better dyno mat or have good system or both its loud. And yes there is a good amount of low - mid range tourqe added / gained.

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude that's what I'm talking about aggressive and different. ......I want to do headers within the next month about how much would that set up run me with what you listed. ..
By the way those hoods are dope on those Hoe's
Thanks

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
The Dynatechs super ax set up is about $1400. It's not cheap but its one of the very best if you ask my opion and Jenn will prob back me up. Now it comes with the ceramic coated Long tube headers , the Free flow cats, and the Y Pipe just get some locking header bolts and good quality gaskets! You won't be sorry. If your doing them yourself make sure you properly seat them.

And thanks both are working hoods too.

Oh if you don't plan on keeping your Tahoe you can always go with Pacesetter and then get their Y pipe! Cheaper but doesn't come with the cats either.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the PAcesetters not having the the cats They are also ceramic coated and are holding up well.
The only other thing would be where you live. What conditions are you exposed to. If you live in a high road salt area or not.
I have had them for about a year so far and they look just as they did the day I installed them. Lower cost and perform well. on our engines.

Last edited:

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
I never said they weren't good. I have had my setup on my Tahoe through two 5.3L engines and three 6.0L engines, over 9 years.

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok if I go with shortys how much gain would I get coming from stock? I'm asking because it seems like shortys will just replace the stock one's and bolt right up without having to change much...But on the other hand I want my hoe to sound and be mean not lean.lol
Thanks
I'm going to be ordering headers within the next week just trying to get the best one's. .....

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so LTs are the way then I'll report back with my choice of headers.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road