how do i take apart the drivers seat cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i want to replace the drivers seat back heating element.... i've test the lower and its working just fine....the seat back is the one causing my heater circut to trip....

i have a used heating element to replace it with....how do i take the leather up...at least half way to swap the pad.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested in knowing the answer to this question.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible answer

I just installed a seat heater in the driver's seat of my wife's Mustang GT conv last week. You'll have to take the seat out, usually 4 bolts. Then I used this video clip:

http://video.answers.com/how-to-remove-the-interior-covers-on-on-a-ford-mustang-397709290

Obviously, for a Mustang, but the principles are the same. You'll have to deal with all the panels, wires, levers, but just tackle each one, one at a time. Where the heater element is over the upholstery bars, there should be zip ties instead of hog rings, since you can't have metal through the heater elements.

You can also get some relevant instructions from www.heatedseatkits.com

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sirblade, don't mean to hijack or anything, but how did you color match that GMC in the front. I want to do that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou