I want my Truck to sound like it has a 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notorious1227

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 98 Tahoe LT from a Police Impound Auction with 68K on it. It needs some cosmetic help and everything but I think I want to start with making it sound Mean Nasty, it has a 5.7 in it and i want it to sound like it. Does anybody have any suggestions for what parts I should buy to help me get this done without breaking the bank?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JBA shorties, Magnaflow Y pipe and cats, Borla cat back, PCM4LESS dyno tune, K&N FIPK....Oh yeah a little 383 under the hood.

[yt]HsKNSGRF4v4[/yt]

40 series muffler on the suburban, stock motor has a BB tune but nothing else. Amazing the difference in the two

[yt]ZwVNtXH40C0[/yt]

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40 series flowmaster ftw on this one!!! They will make your exhaust roar!!! I had a few trucks with the 5.7 motors in them and put 40 series flowmasters and all of them and loved it:)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Kris, motor sounds strong, can i ask why your throwing in a new motor??

Oh,, by chopping off the exhaust before the muffler makes it sound like a 5.7 lol

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suburban has a top end tap and a ton of piston slap. I sounds so bad under load or high RPM. Trans seems good. Motor is drinking a ton of oil too. Tahoe is good though!

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
magnaflow true duals ftw! haha ill have to get a clip of my exhaust once i put my cat delete downpipes on there, also i dont know if its just me but i sware my exhaust got louder after the bb tune

king_yukon

Reaction score
Ive got 21/2" cat back duals with new cats, and no mufflers. and it screams. my buddy has a 05 ram 1500 with straight pipes with no mufflers and mine is louder for sure! doesn't sound like a 350 sounds like a 454+

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea, I saw this on a shelby once: Get a moderately loud setup, and then install a set of electronic cutouts. I always liked this idea because I love to hear my passengers/music etc. but sometimes you just wanna set off some car alarms!

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 95 Sierra with the 5.7 had the 40 series and dumped at the axel. Also removed the cat but it sounded mean and set off many an alarm! Then came the cam and etc... :) kinda miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo