Incredibly easy fix for broken exhaust manifold bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anything like this has been posted up here but I gotta share this!

I am working on a customers '06 Tahoe right now with a few broken bolts on the manifolds. By chance Jim Kral had just stopped by my local NAPA. He is a local guy (lives about an hour away from me) and has come up with, and patented these brackets/clamps. I ordered several from them and even though he's not to far away I just had them shipped. They get then to me next day and I'm really impressed with the quality of these things. Way heavy duty. And super easy to install. Problem solved.

I have already snapped a few pics but if you visit his sight you can see exactly what they are and how they work. My pics are kind of redundant.

http://kralautoparts.com/index.html

Money well spent and it's great to support the local guy too!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting, it would be a less expensive way to go if the customer had no money. but if it were me, I would want it fixed correctly. A good 90° drill and some patience will take care of the broken studs. That's just me, I like things done right, so I do them myself.

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A drill bit and an EZ out bit will take care of the broken studs too.

I like the concept, though!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Interesting idea. Live always taken all the bolts out (if they break, no bid deal as it's usually just the heads) pry the manifold away from the cylinder head and use a small pipe wrench and some on blaster and it always comes right out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat