Inner door latch-help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nodora96

Reaction score
My inner door latch is not working. By searching I found out that with a simple tweek to the connecting rod, connecting to the latch, it will be like new. But I think I may have tweeked it a lil too much. When I go to use the latch, it is loose and turns almost 180(degrees):emotions122:. My question's are: Is it broken?, Misaligned?, and What is the simplest way to take out the latch part? It looks riveted to the entire back-plate(thing). Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like your inner door handle is broken. It is fairly common. You just need to take the door panel off drill out the rivet and get a replacement handle from Napa or the dealership. The plastic body of the handle slides into place. I have had much better luck with the dealer replacement handles. I would straighten out the rod in the door as close to factory as possible too. When I put the new handle in, I use a self tapping screw instead of a rivet which makes it much easier to change it again. Out of the 5 tahoe's I have had all have needed either the left or the right replaced.

OP
OP
nodora96

nodora96

Reaction score
^^^ Thank you, that is exactly what I needed. I kept trying to trouble shoot it. Thx

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got mine in today and installed it. Pretty simple task. If you needs some help with it lemme know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonpat