Installing 3rd row RSE flip down screen on 2008 yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottiewil08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 08 yukon denali xl, I am looking to install the 3rd row RSE flip down screen. I went to a pick your parts place and picked up the whole 3rd row screen, mounts and brackets out of a '12 suburban. I also picked up the roof harness out of the '12 suburban but the wires were cut at the pillar at the windshield all for practically nothing. It has everything to the harness, including the video splitter.
My question is has anyone ever installed the 3rd row rse on their yukon when it wasnt factory to their yukon originally and if so, how were you able to do that? Did you use a harness from one that had it? I'm just wanting for my kids sitting in the 3rd row to have a screen also to watch dvds on instead of having to try and watch it from the middle row screen.

Attachments

• 20240830_063225.jpg
    20240830_063225.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240907_164730.jpg
    20240907_164730.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240907_164811.jpg
    20240907_164811.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 2

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should be able to just patch the 3rd row into the 2nd row, there should be no need to run the wires all the way to the front

OP
OP
S

Scottiewil08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you should be able to just patch the 3rd row into the 2nd row, there should be no need to run the wires all the way to the front
So just splice the wires from the 2nd row TV to the 3rd row? I had thought about doing that and using butt connectors and connect the wires from both screens to the original screen wires but I wasn't sure if it would work or not

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just splice the wires from the 2nd row TV to the 3rd row? I had thought about doing that and using butt connectors and connect the wires from both screens to the original screen wires but I wasn't sure if it would work or not
it should, there is no control to turn one or the other off, they are simply mirrored from the headunit.
mine are mirrored from a pioneer head unit
I have not done it the way you are but with the pioneer if the 2nd and 3rd are not patched together then only the 2nd row works
just don't cross up any wires, getting a power / ground backwards would be bad news

OP
OP
S

Scottiewil08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it should, there is no control to turn one or the other off, they are simply mirrored from the headunit.
mine are mirrored from a pioneer head unit
I have not done it the way you are but with the pioneer if the 2nd and 3rd are not patched together then only the 2nd row works
just don't cross up any wires, getting a power / ground backwards would be bad news
I appreciate your help! Eventually I'd like to put a different HU in, I have one bought but when I plugged it in to test it out, I wasn't getting any audio so I pulled it out and haven't looked further into it. Not sure if the dvd or backup camera features worked on it or not yet either

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your help! Eventually I'd like to put a different HU in, I have one bought but when I plugged it in to test it out, I wasn't getting any audio so I pulled it out and haven't looked further into it. Not sure if the dvd or backup camera features worked on it or not yet either
no audio would probably be because the bose amp turn on signal is digital, so the correct adapter needs to be used one that states for "bose".
if the amp does not receive that signal it just simply will not turn on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24