Instrument cluster questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I would like to change out the lights behind my cluster, is it regular bulbs that can be replaced by LEDs? If I get different color LEDs, do I have to change out the cluster face? If yes, anyone know where I can get a PPV cluster face and NOT a regular one? Ultimately, I would like to change the colors to straight white or even a purple or blue as a last resort.

**FYI** yes, I searched the forums but can only find vague information about the civilian clusters not the PPV ones. Figured I would say that before someone tells me to search.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive Did you change your dash lights?

AFAIK the PPV cluster goes to 140mph, but I doubt much else is different other than the overlay.
Sorry I don't know where to get them.

BTW I now see speedometer scaling adjustment in the BTDieselworks' AutoSync BCM tuning..
Anyone ever swap a PPV speedo in a non-PPV? I wonder if the speedo scaling is in the BCM or the speedo itself.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive Did you change your dash lights?

AFAIK the PPV cluster goes to 140mph, but I doubt much else is different other than the overlay.
Sorry I don't know where to get them.

BTW I now see speedometer scaling adjustment in the BTDieselworks' AutoSync BCM tuning..
Anyone ever swap a PPV speedo in a non-PPV? I wonder if the speedo scaling is in the BCM or the speedo itself.
I purchased a brand new ppv cluster back in like 2018, I provided my vin, mileage, hours and it arrived ready to plug n play, I then had a local guy install leds, changed the needles and I also purchased the white overlay from basically the only place that makes them or at least they were when I ordered mine
I do not know about the scaling, it works I have buried it at 140+. other than the marker design and speed I do not see any differences it doesn't work any different other than going to 140. there are no "secret" or "special" ppv things involved as some may be led to believe

CLUSTER.JPGcluster2.jpg

OP
OP
J

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I figured there isn't anything special other then the 140mph part. In the 3rd gens are they soldered leds or regular bulbs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369