Is this factory original shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimxms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new here and have just purchased an 07 Esky with 80k miles. The ride is pretty bad, feels somewhat uncontrollable and harsh. I looked at the front shocks to try and get an idea if they were original but I can’t find any date codes and even the P/N doesn’t bring up any results on google IMG_0527.jpeg

If I need to replace them, should I get new springs too?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are original. That is the original part number but has likely been superseded. In your glovebox is an RPO sheet with all the codes that refer to how your truck was optioned. Look for the 6XX and 7XX codes, those are for your front struts. Then plug your VIN in here and have a look:

GMPartsGiant.com

I am a proponent of replacing all the parts in a strut, even the nuts. When I did my 2009 a couple of years ago, the new springs restored her proper ride height. It wasn't much but did make a difference.

There's not much that scares me in life, but spring compressors is near tops on my list!

Those struts may require calibration, don't remember but the fellas on here would know.

@gooffeyguy @Doubeleive @Joseph Garcia

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, new here and have just purchased an 07 Esky with 80k miles. The ride is pretty bad, feels somewhat uncontrollable and harsh. I looked at the front shocks to try and get an idea if they were original but I can’t find any date codes and even the P/N doesn’t bring up any results on google View attachment 438432

If I need to replace them, should I get new springs too?
best thing to do is go by any dealer parts department give them the last 8 of your vin and ask them to give you a quote for new shocks, then ask them to print it out.
then you have the oem part numbers and can get them cheaper from places like rock auto, amazon, etc

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are original. That is the original part number but has likely been superseded. In your glovebox is an RPO sheet with all the codes that refer to how your truck was optioned. Look for the 6XX and 7XX codes, those are for your front struts. Then plug your VIN in here and have a look:

GMPartsGiant.com

I am a proponent of replacing all the parts in a strut, even the nuts. When I did my 2009 a couple of years ago, the new springs restored her proper ride height. It wasn't much but did make a difference.

There's not much that scares me in life, but spring compressors is near tops on my list!

Those struts may require calibration, don't remember but the fellas on here would know.

@gooffeyguy @Doubeleive @Joseph Garcia
The struts and rear shocks won't require calibration after you change them. As @swathdiver recommended, change out the springs and associated components for both front and rear strut/shock assemblies when you make the shock replacement, as springs do get weaker and sag a bit over time, and the rubber insulators degrade over time.

Once the replacement is complete, use a quality bi-directional scanner to run the Automatic Level Control (ALS) reset to readjust to the new springs. You don't 'HAVE' to perform the ALC, if you don't have a quality bi-directional scanner at this time, but you should definitely purchase one, as it will save you literally thousands of dollars over the life of your new-to-you truck.

OP
OP
J

Jimxms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will get some new shocks and springs. Have any of you done the electic suspension delete and just gone with arnott stuff? If so, how did it ride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo