JL Audio 13TW5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good woofer, but why do you need a shallow mount? You could get good, regular speakers for that amount...

OP
OP
02YUKON

02YUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a good woofer, but why do you need a shallow mount? You could get good, regular speakers for that amount...

i guess it because i just dont want a big box taking up space
but your right i could get good regular speakers for that amount
what subs are good and dont cost that much?? sorry i really dont know too much about car audio

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone will have their own opinion on speakers and amps. I'm a BIG JL Audio fan, but others like MTX, Alpine, etc. If you go to a shop and tell them what you like/want, they'll be able to set you up with something.

First, what are you looking to spend and how big of a box can you tolerate. Then go from there...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
alpine type R's are fine for most. I have no favorites. I just like good sound for my money and apline has been the best, until you go up to JL, Or focal.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I have alpine Type R 12's (2 of them) and they make my wntire tahoe shake when I turn it up. If you really want to spend some money get just 1 JL W7 12" or 13.5 and you will be very happy :)

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
slim mounts are more geared for shallow applications. But that also places limits on output. Look for a subwoofer than handle the power you plan to feed, and in the space you want to use. There are some 12's that work in small sealed under 1.0 cu ft, that are non shallow mount.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess it because i just dont want a big box taking up space
but your right i could get good regular speakers for that amount
what subs are good and dont cost that much?? sorry i really dont know too much about car audio

three jl 12w1s behind my 3rd row and you will never know theyre there. We did those shallows as deck speakers on my lil brothers cts rear deck.. definitely a waste to spend the dough on those for a truck.

Attachments

• Photo0198.jpg
    Photo0198.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 16

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And jl12w1s are like $100 a piece and you can power all 3 for $100 pretty easy.

eh to much for the money. Would an 8 work? you can pick up sundown e 8 for about $70 a sub or a elemental designs 8 for $70. Both would be better and cheaper than the jl
http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_21. I wouldn't get a slim mount sub since imo they are junk

Shallow mounts are boutique speakers.. they are gods gift to certain applications.. "junk"? sure.. in an suv... or an old body chevy.. but putting them in the deck of a car or a super shallow sealed box that draws its airspace form the sides or height of the box to allow you to keep trunk space in an otherwise small trunk...no way.. shallow mount speakers SLAM.. but they are still totally wrong for your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius