K&N 77-3070KP 77 Series Polished High Flow Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Perry

Reaction score
Installed the part this weekend with ease, instructions 8/10. Took about 1.5 hours. Immediately noticed a deeper growl sound from the engine bay and a mild increase to response time on the throttle. Sound increases with higher RPM's. Currently I have a Magnalfow muffler and may be doing the resonator delete soon. Paid 216.00 on amazon so well work the money IMO. Thoughts/next steps to similar mods are appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jay Perry

Jay Perry

Reaction score
What can I expect from a tune? Sound, performance, gas milage, etc. ?? What's the average cost for a '09 5.3L Tahoe?

Black Market

Reaction score
I've got the same CAI with a Borla XS muffler and SLP resonator delete...I love the entire setup. Perfect sound for a 5.3L! I was going to try and get to the BB Performance tune in NOLA in Feb but don't think I'll have time.

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the mod made it the best so far?

They can adjust anything from shift points to fuel/air ratio!!! Add up to 25 hp!!! And when you continue on your modding journey, they can re-tune every time to help you reach your optimum gains!!!

Yukon_Joey

Reaction score
They can adjust anything from shift points to fuel/air ratio!!! Add up to 25 hp!!! And when you continue on your modding journey, they can re-tune every time to help you reach your optimum gains!!!
How much does a re-tune cost?

OP
OP
Jay Perry

Jay Perry

Reaction score
Lucky for me the Black Bear Tune is in town this weekend and I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning.. We shall see, going on a hunch and the positive feedback from this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320