LED interior issue, suggestions, help ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, first i'd like to thank the person int he above STICKY for providing me with all the necessary information to order my interior LEDs. Without you, i'd be completely lost!!!

Now for the issue..... Map lights - When you use the roller to turn all interior lights on, the map lights turn on and work great. However, when you press the overhead button to turn them on indiviually, they do not come on. Any suggestions, comments, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, first i'd like to thank the person int he above STICKY for providing me with all the necessary information to order my interior LEDs. Without you, i'd be completely lost!!!

Your welcome :Handshake:

Now for the issue..... Map lights - When you use the roller to turn all interior lights on, the map lights turn on and work great. However, when you press the overhead button to turn them on indiviually, they do not come on. Any suggestions, comments, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated.

If you put the regular 194 bulbs back in will they work? Did you get the exact map lights I mentioned, the less expensive ones?

OP
OP
B

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I follwed your post/info exactly.... I ran outta time last night and noticed the issue this morning. I'll swap the bulbs back when i get home and see what happens.... thx

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i have something similar to that also but in my case when i turn on the lights on they are nice and bright but when i turn map lights on individually they are very low..to the point where the light output is not that great.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have something similar to that also but in my case when i turn on the lights on they are nice and bright but when i turn map lights on individually they are very low..to the point where the light output is not that great.

That's how mine are too. That's how mine were in my old truck (05 silvy) and old 01 Tahoe...

That has something to do with the truck sending different voltage to the bulb at different times... nothing we can control (I think)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok..sorry it took me a bit to get back... i replaced the leds with the stock bulbs in the front map light spot and all works just fine. it's only when the leds are in that you can't turn the map lights on by using the overhead buttons. the only thing i can think of is that my aftermarket overhead dvd player could have something to do with it. since that's powered by the wires from the middle light (now missing). gonna have Emay take a look for me and we'll figure this thing out...will post what we find.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd....mine come on just like normal...with all options

Mine also is kinda dim when just using the map light buttons..but when all the lights are turned on, they are brighter....Its a safety feature from GM

They are made so that the passenger can turn their light on without it being bright enough to affect the driving as he's driving...but when ALL the lights are on, they are bright like the rest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525