Lifting with air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I have an 09 LTZ with air ride. I new quickstruts on the front and bypassed the electronic struts. The front sits a good bit higher than the rear now. The literature said they would settle some but they haven't yet that I have noticed. I want to either install a spacer in the rear or am thinking about replacing the rear coil springs with a slightly taller set perhaps z71 or suburban? Which spring would be the best to use to increase ride height maybe 1.5 to 2"?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Neither spring is taller from a Z71 or suburban. Get a coil spacer and take the front ride height rods and install on rear OR get FTS rod spacers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I thought the z71 would have taller springs. I know the regular springs are stiffer than the ltz springs so I may just put a set of those on there to help the rear end out. I want to switch the rear shocks out to the monroe ma-830s but they recommend a regular coil spring versus the softer ltz spring.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Well the stock springs might but if ordering a new set get the z71 anyhow. Those will be better either way. You will need some resistors to disable the error messages. Google the right ohms so it will work.

OP
OP
M

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
Has anybody replaced their LTZ air ride rear springs with regular springs? Has it lifted the rear at all? Really would like to know. They are stiffer so in theory it should be a little higher but I don't know how much the air ride makes up for the softer springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skchord