Lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B3NDO1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased an 06' Yukon Denali and I have a few issues.

I was wondering why I don't have lighting on any of the buttons on my steering wheel. The upper cd player doesn't work, the bottom half of my stock cd/tape deck is not lit, along with no power (or lights obviously) at all to my six disc changer below.

Any ideas would be great. I suppose its possible they are not linked to one another, but seems unlikely.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty common lights to burn out, and since you say everything else works fine with the dimmer than i'd say that's your problem!

OP
OP
B

B3NDO1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay. Do you know if it's common for both the regular cd player and the six disc to both not work? I wouldn't mind putting a new deck in I suppose, but the Harness for the Denali with Bose and Onstar is fricken pricey.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the lights or the whole units not working? Yes both scenerios are indeed possible, just matters which one you are referring to which can easily be checked with a voltmeter!

stewartm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had all but one lights burt out on steering wheel lights. I soldered replacement lamps on. Like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968