Lockpick and Nav Disc 4.0c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cr8ter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a continuation of the long thread from tahoeforums.com. Wanted to share the info

Here is a response that I received from Coastaletech in regards to the lockpick not functioning with the 4.0c update disc:

The GMX-322 is programmed for 2 different types of operation controlled by dip switch settings on the module. Some current vehicles with navigation radios as well as early 2007 navigation radios, were able to use a function of the Lockpick which allowed the Lockpick to provide “automatic” unlocking of some blocked functions. The new software developed by GM for the new radios can be used to update the older radios. The new software eliminates the ability to provide an “automatic” override function for any type of override but is worth updating as it fixes some issues the radios had as well as enhancing the overall operation of the radio. The GMX-322 and GEN 5 have been tested and are fully compatible with the new software. The GEN 5 and GMX-322 units are shipped out every day for new cars and for those with updated disks and are very popular for those applications. The operation is the same in that the DVD override is accomplished by pressing the mute button 4x or nav override by pressing the mute button 2x. The Lockpick function (dip switch setting on the Lockpick module) that created an automatic override is not available when the radio is updated with the new software, but this was not a common setting for current vehicles anyway. If someone had a GMX-322, had it set for automatic operation and then updated the radio software, they would have to unplug the GMX-322 module and change the dip switch settings for it to function again.*

--
Please let me know if I may assist you further.
Brett
Coastal Electronics
[email protected]
www.CoastalEtech.com <http://www.CoastalEtech.com>
1-800-507-2234

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I have the GMX-322 so if I upgrade to the 4.0 disc, I would have to change the dip switch setting for it to work? What's the site for the Nav disc again?

OP
OP
Cr8ter

Cr8ter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the GMX-322 so if I upgrade to the 4.0 disc, I would have to change the dip switch setting for it to work? What's the site for the Nav disc again?

You would only have to change the dip switch settings if you had it originally set for AUTOMATIC switching. Most of us have it set so that it's not automatic but instead using the mute and window lock functions. According to Coastaletech, if you upgrade your disc the lockpick should work once you unplug it from the nav unit as a means to reset it.

The site for the nav discs is: www.gmnavdisc.com

I found mine on eBay.

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmmm, I've been dealing with CoastalEtech since Janurary on this issue. They kept telling me it was the new software (4.0).

They didn't have a disc, so I had to go out and buy a dual layer DVD burner, burnt a copy of the disc, and sent it off. They claimed never to receive it, so I had to send another copy.

They never get ahold of me, I always have to contact them. Over 4 months later, they're telling me it must be a problem with my wiring harness. I sent them my info for them to send me a new harness, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to stay on them to get it sent out.

They also said they need my reciept number to send it out. I bought the GMX-322 on e-bay, and he said that could be a problem.

Oh, I DON'T have it set on automatic, and my truck (2008) came with the 4.0 disc. The lockpick worked great for about 6 weeks, then just quit on me.

I really hope that this issue I'm having is the wiring harness, and that they actually send it out to me.

Sorry for the rant. LOL

dan_man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Gen 5 Lockpick and the 4.0c Nav disc, and they work as described by the Coastaletech text above. Anyone have experience with the v5 Nav disc?

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the newest Nav disc (2010) in about a month ago, and haven't had a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut