Looking for help so I don't screw up my 04 burb with bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new subs installed. couldn't be happier

I have an 04 suburban lt auto ride 6 cd bose sound system. Guy I work with is trying to sell me a pair of 12" subs, amp and capacitor included.
So I can hook this up to my stock system, what all do I need? I've used line out converters on systems but they were pretty plain, not like this premium one I have now. I'd also like to add an input for my ipod while I'm there if I can.

Last edited:

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id bypass the the Bose amp(its incredibly easy, just takes a little time)... I couldn't do anything worthwhile in our truck with the Bose crap.... I did a simple system but sounds awesome people think I spent min $2500, I spent like $600

If you want to do a LOC to your stock HU that should be straight forward, you may even be able to tap it in where you bypass the bose amp. Not sure, I hated the stock HU, unreliable imo. I threw an Alpine in.

I did a small system sounds great - Q-Logic under the rear seat box with 10" sub, unhooked rear pillar speakers and front post tweeters(just my 2 cents: crap speakers that just steal power, replace with better and run a proper amp or delete them), added the POLKS 651s' to all 4 doors, ran an alpine HU with Alpine Power Pack(to power my 4 new door speakers), powered sub with RF 500 mono and bypassed the Bose amp. Sounds amazing for what it is.... Sounds better than some systems I have spent 3 x as much on.

Good gouge on amp bypass-

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/threads/installing-ddin-units-bose-amp-bypass.27781/

Last edited:
OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pull it up on my computer so I can get a decent picture size. I like having the capability of 6 cds. This is the nicest vehicle I've owned, I like the crisp sound from the bose but I feel the little sub they have is way under powered, I like a little beat.

cnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could just add a sub and amp and call it a day. If you're wanting a little bit more low end another sub will help.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's what I plan on doing. Got two subs, amp, and a capacitor in a trade for a snowblower. Worth way more than what I gave him lol

Just wondering if anyone used the item i had the link for and if it works good

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually having a professional do it now... called a place that sells pac audio stuff. They'll be able to hook me up with their own stuff for the same price that I'd pay for all the equipment doing it myself. Plus I have problems, they'll fix it lol

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually having a professional do it now... called a place that sells pac audio stuff. They'll be able to hook me up with their own stuff for the same price that I'd pay for all the equipment doing it myself. Plus I have problems, they'll fix it lol

Its a super easy install - amp bypass is also super easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555