Loose Mirror Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaturejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen a couple threads about loose mirrors but I am having a differnt probelm. The mirror is mounted the door fine and the glass is mounted fine. The assembly that folds in is loose as hell.

I pulled the light on the bottom of the mirror off to see if I could get to a bolt of something, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to tighten the assembly?

beefcrinkle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen a couple threads about loose mirrors but I am having a differnt probelm. The mirror is mounted the door fine and the glass is mounted fine. The assembly that folds in is loose as hell.

I pulled the light on the bottom of the mirror off to see if I could get to a bolt of something, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to tighten the assembly?

I have this same problem. I did some reading, and people said to fold it in and out a few times and see if you can align the stuff that holds it. I did not have much luck so i might stuff some rubber in there to hold it in place

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a spring and a pressed on fastener that holds the spring in place. That fastener might have come loose. The only way to get to it is remove the mirror from the housing, take the 4 screws out that hold the housing together and then you will have access to the spring. The mirror actually snaps in. If you move the mirror to the extreme right or left you can see inside. There is a circular piece on the back of the mirror. On that there are a lot of tabs that hold the mirror on. Carefully pry those tabs till they release. You need patience but it will come off. You can press the fastener that holds the spring down some more for better tension. If you have power folding mirrors it will be a different story.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

beefcrinkle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a spring and a pressed on fastener that holds the spring in place. That fastener might have come loose. The only way to get to it is remove the mirror from the housing, take the 4 screws out that hold the housing together and then you will have access to the spring. The mirror actually snaps in. If you move the mirror to the extreme right or left you can see inside. There is a circular piece on the back of the mirror. On that there are a lot of tabs that hold the mirror on. Carefully pry those tabs till they release. You need patience but it will come off. You can press the fastener that holds the spring down some more for better tension. If you have power folding mirrors it will be a different story.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks man! you should post a writeup with pics!

OP
OP
A

amaturejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I am a bit hesitant to take off the mirror, seen some threads about breaking it. But when I get some time, I will give it a try

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're patient with it then you won't have a problem. I used a long shaft small head flat screwdriver to release the tabs. Honestly I was more afraid of breaking it when I put the mirror back on than taking it off. It requires a fair amount of force to get it back on. That really is the hardest part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts