Lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Guys. My 04 Yukon Denali xl 6.0 is doing this vibrating thing at about 30mph. Now I've added 4 gts. Of transmission fluid and also the dual bottle of stop leak. It happened this Saturday when I was on the highway and I punched it to go around a slow driving car but kept digging in because I love to do so. But after that literally immediately when I got off the highway 6 minutes later my acceleration had this jittery like vibrating feeling. It feels like t it's in the front of the vehicle because my dashboard shakes at a point. It starts at 30 but will stop at 36mph. I have driven faster than that since. It's my daily driver and I work 7mins away from home. Like I said earlier I just today pour in stop leak and two qts. Yesterday I poured in two qts just by themselves. Funny thing is that before I put anything in on yesterday I checked the dipstick and there was fluid on it, so how in the hell did it take basically 4qts and stopleak? Idk myself that's why I'm here talking about it. I've been building on this truck 2020 and it now has just over 178k. I've been saying that I wanted to replace the trans, but just not right not. Do you guys think that it is the trans or is it some other component with the AWD or...?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you check the trans? Idling, hot, on level ground in park?

Does the vibration change with RPM, or just speed?

Have you tried running it through lower gears (keeping it in 2nd, then 3rd) to eliminate 4th?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys. My 04 Yukon Denali xl 6.0 is doing this vibrating thing at about 30mph. Now I've added 4 gts. Of transmission fluid and also the dual bottle of stop leak. It happened this Saturday when I was on the highway and I punched it to go around a slow driving car but kept digging in because I love to do so. But after that literally immediately when I got off the highway 6 minutes later my acceleration had this jittery like vibrating feeling. It feels like t it's in the front of the vehicle because my dashboard shakes at a point. It starts at 30 but will stop at 36mph. I have driven faster than that since. It's my daily driver and I work 7mins away from home. Like I said earlier I just today pour in stop leak and two qts. Yesterday I poured in two qts just by themselves. Funny thing is that before I put anything in on yesterday I checked the dipstick and there was fluid on it, so how in the hell did it take basically 4qts and stopleak? Idk myself that's why I'm here talking about it. I've been building on this truck 2020 and it now has just over 178k. I've been saying that I wanted to replace the trans, but just not right not. Do you guys think that it is the trans or is it some other component with the AWD or...?
That Stop Leak sh*t DONT WERK. Or if it does it will be worse afterwards.

OP
OP
U

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you check the trans? Idling, hot, on level ground in park?

Does the vibration change with RPM, or just speed?

Have you tried running it through lower gears (keeping it in 2nd, then 3rd) to eliminate 4th?
I checked it in a semi cold start in neutral (meaning I ran it stopped for about two hours started it again and then checked it). The vibration I can say goes with both rpm and mph, because at about 35mph is when the vibration starts. No I have not thought about running it in any other gears, but I will definitely do it today on my way home and report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms