lowered denali towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOWRIGG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did a mcgaughys deluxe 2/3 drop on my 03 denali along with 4 new arnott/bilstein shocks and a power stop brake kit....love the look and ride. my question is a what would be a recommended weight distribution bar/hitch brand and model to use to help keep the truck from sagging since I doubt the springs and air ride will be enough. I'm towing an open trailer about 1500-1800 lbs with a 3500# race car and figure my tongue weight to be about 500-600lbs. any help would be greatly appreciated.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just did a mcgaughys deluxe 2/3 drop on my 03 denali along with 4 new arnott/bilstein shocks and a power stop brake kit....love the look and ride. my question is a what would be a recommended weight distribution bar/hitch brand and model to use to help keep the truck from sagging since I doubt the springs and air ride will be enough. I'm towing an open trailer about 1500-1800 lbs with a 3500# race car and figure my tongue weight to be about 500-600lbs. any help would be greatly appreciated.

you need airlift helper bags adn will tow fine. I do 5 inch drop on the autoride with my custom springs and helper bags and customers tow fine

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2

need helper bags

OP
OP
TOWRIGG

TOWRIGG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was hoping not to have to go that route but I guess it's unavoidable.....thank you

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x3 on helper bags, I've been towing with my 06 denali thats lowered 2/4 on tonys kit and in the spring my air suspension compressor went and i found out my shocks were leaking pretty bad. so i just fixed all that and added some helper bags in and now it tows way better then it did stock.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was hoping not to have to go that route but I guess it's unavoidable.....thank you

Why? It's one of the best and easiest mods to do. Even if you're not towing it's a good mod to do

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airlift FTW

Great warranty as well

Had mine for a while now

this is what I'm talking about you you don't even tow. It's just a great sub $100 mod to help/assist the rear of your truck :Handshake:

OP
OP
TOWRIGG

TOWRIGG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sold......lol. The Airlift 1000 kit I was looking at says not for use with factory autoride. so which Airlift kit do I use?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use it with auto ride. What they mean by that is don't use them with your stock auto ride instead of the air shocks.

It depends on the height of your spring as to which bags to get. NorcalSS has a thread in his section on which ones to get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320