Major or minor trans problem help please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaej

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i heard a noise like i hit something underneath the car about 2weeks ago and check engine light came on but went off shortly after and just hours ago i was driving down the street stop at a red light made a left and when i hit a small dip goin no more then 5mph the tranny stop working? dont know how exactly to explain it but the throttle was going but the car wasnt push in it to a lot turned off and back on the car shifted to drive perfect drove around the lot tryed to exit and when i hit the dip it happen again!!! any idea of what it could be ever heard of this happening any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance! by the way i have a 07 tahoe ls 4.8l 83XXX miles

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that is odd i sounds like an electrical issue or somthing is loose to come in and out of sync like that

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the forward sprag, first time I blew the trans in my tahoe that is what it was, if you are rebuilding it might as well beef it up, the overall cost won't be too much different.

dlr2416

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it went into some kind of a limp mode. I had the same thing happen to my 08 Denali when pulling into a parking lot. I though someone hit me. I turned it off then back on again and it ran fine. It threw an error code but went out after a day of driving. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find the code which should have been stored in the computer (Vacaville GMC people have no idea what they are doing and were just lying to me). Anyway, I later found that one the the motor mounts broke, which we had replaced. No issues since.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
If its limp mode itp still drive. My ailvi was in limp mode and the mechanic rplaced the steering consol. Shit wiring was the problem

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

When my trans went it worked after cooling down then it would go after alittle bit of moving. Id just get the rebuild and get stronger parts

OP
OP
K

kaej

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks and im waiting on ITD to respond back about how much it cost him to have his trans fixed

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard a noise like i hit something underneath the car about 2weeks ago and check engine light came on but went off shortly after and just hours ago i was driving down the street stop at a red light made a left and when i hit a small dip goin no more then 5mph the tranny stop working? dont know how exactly to explain it but the throttle was going but the car wasnt push in it to a lot turned off and back on the car shifted to drive perfect drove around the lot tryed to exit and when i hit the dip it happen again!!! any idea of what it could be ever heard of this happening any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance! by the way i have a 07 tahoe ls 4.8l 83XXX miles

kaej,

Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue? If you would like, PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN and I can research my resources for any known issues.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065