Making the inner fender liner look new again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Well after putting the new wheels on, I noticed that my fender liners were extremely dirty and had stains from who know what. So I decided to clean them up and make them look new again.

Step 1. Used Oil Eater and a brush, sprayed them down and scrubbed it down.

Step 2. Spray it down and let it dry.

Step 3. Tape off any parts of the body and anything else you don't want painted.

Step 4. Get the can of rubberized under coating ( I got mines from Walmart )
and spray the inner liner. Then Let dry for 10minutes.

Step 5. 2nd Coat of coating, then let dry and you're done!

Before:
IMG_0489.gif

After:
TahoePics069.gif
TahoePics070.gif

Its hard to tell in the pictures but the coating put a nice textured fresh plastic look. The dots you see were part of some damage that were already there prior to the coating. I plan to add another coat to help cover it up.

* When I get my hands on a better camera I'll try to get a better picture.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
i was gonna do that when i changed my brakes recently....but i didn't have the spray, i had the tires off the tahoe, my wife was gone....and i didn't feel like walking 10 miles to auto zone.. maybe next time! it does make a difference though..

what size lift you have and what size tires you runnin if you don't mind me asking??

yukon510

Reaction score
i was gonna do that when i changed my brakes recently....but i didn't have the spray, i had the tires off the tahoe, my wife was gone....and i didn't feel like walking 10 miles to auto zone.. maybe next time! it does make a difference though..

what size lift you have and what size tires you runnin if you don't mind me asking??

i can answer one of 2 questions for you...no lift bro, no lift

OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
yup, no lift, running factory GMC 17" wheels & factory size tires 265/70/17.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I clean mine, I use a sponge and tire shine, clean up all inner fender wheel....easy to wash off next time.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just scrub them down and use Adams undercarriage spray. here is what it looks like before the spray and after. the spray isnt permanent but it lasts a decent amount of time and its just a spray on thing
before
beforeafter-before.jpg

after
beforeafter-after.jpg

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man they look great. My guess they are steel on the older ones. My 04 the inner fenders are plastic and rocks have gouged it pretty bad. I would love to get them looking like those nice shinny ones.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice.
A few follow up questions to th0se that have used the Rubber undercoating...
How well does it stand up?
With the rubber texture... is it harder/easier to keep clean? (I would figure the texture would trap more road-grime)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou