matte black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdestb3st

Reaction score
anybody got this going on?
if so, how do you like it?
its pretty thug like:ehcapt:

2i7a83n.jpg

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that shyt is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OP
OP
M

mdestb3st

Reaction score
its amazing
whatever car i get is gettin a coat of that
i heard it cost less to get matte black than other colors cuase it requires less coats and no gloss
bad thing is scuffs show pretty easy :/

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its amazing
whatever car i get is gettin a coat of that
i heard it cost less to get matte black than other colors cuase it requires less coats and no gloss
bad thing is scuffs show pretty easy :/

A good matte black paint job will actually cost MORE than some other paint jobs because chances are the shop wont have the proper material on hand and will have to order it...

All automotive paint has clear.. whether its clear in base or 2 phase (clear over base) Its what seals the paint.. a paint job with no clear would last through about a single carwash or a bug.. or even just a lil abrasive dust..and would start pealing off..

What they do to get a matte finish though is actually nothing to do with the color and everything to do with the clear..

You prep and paint the car just like any other paint job.. and you can do it any color.. and the car will look shiny just like any other car before clear..

Then they spray a certain kind of clear over it that promotes an egg shell look.. and it will be clear also.. untill it dries..

As soon as the eggshell clear dries it mattes out the paint and gives you the nice even flat look.

Hot Clear Matte Clear HCC-5300 is the one my painter uses. From Hot Hues.
or House of Kolor has FLATTENING AGENT (FAO1) that you can add to HOK clear and matte theirs down too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdestb3st

Reaction score
o jeezz....didnt know that thanks...so it pretty much matters on what shop you go to?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
o jeezz....didnt know that thanks...so it pretty much matters on what shop you go to?

nah.. what i mean.. is that if a shop already does matte jobs it souldnt be any more than a regular paint job.. but if the shopvhas to special order matte clear for you, you might get hit with a lil upcharge for the special order.

OP
OP
M

mdestb3st

Reaction score
ya that's what I meant by which shop ya go to, I rarely ever see matte paint jobs around

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya that's what I meant by which shop ya go to, I rarely ever see matte paint jobs around

def wasnt trying to correct ya... im wanting to do a matte white soon on whichever car i decide to go with when i sell the jag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52