Minor 2" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05goatls2

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to find a definitive answer on this. I'm looking to give my kon a minor 2-3" lift. I know everyone says stay away and just go for a 6". This is my daily driver and I'm just looking to put a little bit bigger of a tire and give it the higher stance. The rear droops a little and I want to have a nice level look. I'm new when it comes to suspension and I also don't want to dive into a big lift. Anybody have any pointers to what kind of lift I should put on it? I want to stay away from body lifts if at all possible. Thanks!

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your going to lift it then lift it,

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get some blocks and crank the front up, I dont think you'll be disappointed(if all you want is a little more height). I wouldn't recommend a body lift though, IMO it makes it ride a little weird...

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say just do ta 3''. 6'' is too much IMO for a daily driver. Thats what I would do. And get the suspension, no body lifts, or cranked keys or any of that. My bro just did this on his new silvy. They can be pricey. What are you looking at spending?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I daily drive two lifted trucks. 6" lifts are not that big in my opinion. Here are teh options as I see it:

1) 2 or 3" body lift
2) crank the stock keys and a small block out back
3) a 6" lift. RCX makes a 4" and 6" lift, it is the same kit with or without cranking basically. I run this on my suburban set around 5.5".

The RCX kit uncranked on some nice 33s would look nice, I was going to do that at first and decided to run 35s instead.

With a real differential drop type lift the ride quality does not really change like some people think, crappy shocks and being cranked too far is what makes for a bad ride.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily drive my Tahoe, and I've never once thought it was "too lifted for a daily". My only "issue" would be my ride quality. But that is my fault, with using Rough Country's shocks. My advice, would be going with the RCX kit, and getting a good shock set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE