mirror glass replacement and options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the glass that you glue on to your existing housing. You will also loose your heated mirror b/c the heating elements are sure to break crack in removing the old glass, if they have not done so already. Do you have signal mirrors? IF so you will loose that also.

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe on the driver side it is heated or has the heat set in the glass without turn signal and W/O puddle light. the passenger side has no heat symbol in glass but puddle light. here is what I want I would like both to be heated , turn signals and puddle lights. is it possible to find in a plug and play with these 3 options. If so is it available aftermarket or should I go to the dealership.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Robert I have a set of chrome outside mirrors instead of paint I could let go cheap or even the ones on my truck now let me know.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this repair on the '08. The glass assembly alone (with auto-dim, heat, memory and turn signal) is close to $400. In an effort to not break it as I removed and installed it, I paid the dealer to do it.

OP
OP
R

Robertss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the one on my driver side has been replaced before with an off brand my pass says it has heat but my driver does not when I looked at them they are different glass so that's y I thin it has been replaced I just need to pull it out and see if there are wires or not

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced both of my heated ones with brand-name ones (Fit System) after trying a cheap E-Bay one that looked distorted after I installed it. Cost was about $25 each for the heated ones with the plastic backing already on them. Very easy to install, they basically snap off with the help of a flathead screwdriver to pry with and them snap back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925