modify drivers seat for tall person

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could use more head room and leg room, has anyone modified the tracks on the drivers seat for more room?

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I was wondering the same thing when I read this. I'm 6'4 and my brother is 6'6 and we dont have any troubles at all.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am 6'4 and my hair hits the roof unless I have a ghetto lean to my seat. But I also have a sunroof so that kills about 2" of the head room.

But anyways if anyone has actually got anything useful to add I would be happy to hear it. Kinda pointless to ask my why I need more room, if I was comfy I wouldn't be asking

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just lower the seat a bit. That way, I don't have to do the ghetto lean (although it is helpful to avoid stray bullets).

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin has to lower the seats in all our vehicles. I hate getting in the drivers seat when it is on his setting :emotions122:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude- I'm 6'7" with a 37-38" inseam and my 02 has plenty of room. How big are you???

Well unlike John I'm 6'8 with only a 35" inseam and my 04 has a sunroof and I barely clear with a baseball cap on.

So I assume since you have a sunroof you have the multi function seats. Does it actually raise and lower like it should? My backrest isn't leaned back that far at all. And I usually raise the front of the bottom cushion and lower the rear. Make sense?

As far as modding the brackets the motors are almost touching the floor anyway so I don't know what else you can do.

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm 6'2" I have my seat all the way down with the front of the seat lifted up all the way

grizzly56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP, did you ever figure out any solution? I have the same problem with a sunroof on a 2013 tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts