Motor Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notorious1227

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I have a question...

Can I drop my 5.7 from a 1998 Tahoe (it only has 74000 miles on it) into my 2000 Yukon? I crashed my Tahoe but the motor is fine, I bought the Yukon but the motor is disassembled and missing parts. It would be ideal for me to just drop the good motor into the good truck. Any advise or answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
This may be retarded but isn't the 5.7 carb?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ok so I have a question...

Can I drop my 5.7 from a 1998 Tahoe (it only has 74000 miles on it) into my 2000 Yukon? I crashed my Tahoe but the motor is fine, I bought the Yukon but the motor is disassembled and missing parts. It would be ideal for me to just drop the good motor into the good truck. Any advise or answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

is it the old body style or new? if new its gonna need alot of work like with wiring not to mention the adapters needed to fit the 350 in and maybe even moving the motor mount locations on the frame

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I don't see this being an easy mod, Just for the simple fact your going back in time So to say , If you do it Post pics , be a first in my book

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
That would be quite a large undertaking. The 4.8/5.3 that is in your 2000 Tahoe is a completely different beast. You'd be better off at selling/parting your old one and just picking up the correct motor for the 2000 if you wanna do a swap.

OP
OP
N

Notorious1227

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I was under the impression that if the blocks were the same size, then it could be done, i know they are both small blocks just one is a 5.7 and the other is a 5.3...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Like i said it can be done i have a seen a silvi with a 383 stroker but it was carbed. It was like an 04 and since it was carbed no ecu needed which means no wiring for it. He just rolled back the wiring and eventually pulled the 383