Need help with front suspension problem!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure how to describe the problem that I am having or if this is even normal. First off, I cranked my torsion bars to level my tahoe. Everything was great until I had my front tie rods and ball joints replaced and while doing so had it realigned again. When they realigned it they dropped the front end back to factory specs. Once I cranked them back up to my previous settings, it seems that when I hit any bumps the front end wants to bounce a lot more and the wheels seem to move up and down violently. In other words, when following me and watching the front tires it almost looks as if they are going to bounce right off. It is a very quick up and down motion and the smallest bump in the road makes the wheels do this. The front end is not absorbing the bumps, the bumps are making it almost jump.I can't imagine this being normal. I have replaced the shocks with rough country hydro 8000 shocks made for 2" lift. Also, when going around corners at speed my steering seems firm but then gives way and almost makes me over steer. I have put on a rough country steering stabilizer to help correct the problem, but has done little to help. My thought may be that my torsion bars are either sagging or that they are the wrong ones. I can not find the code or part number for them anywhere. Code-GC part#15528952. Again, it did not do this prior to getting the front end worked on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated