Need some audio help please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck (02) with a blown left front door speaker, it has the bose with the rear sub. I replaced it with a infinity component. I still haven't got around to doing the right side. I have a Alpine iDA-X100 HU. The HU is running the door speakers, and then 2 - 12's - Alpine Type S with a 800w Alpine V amp. The stock rear sub is unhooked.

Anyway, the Infinity is now blown. WTF?

Here is my plan, I want to get a 4 channel amp and 4 brand new door speakers and bypass all the stock bose wiring. Just have RCA's to the amp and then rewire to the door speakers.

Any certain way I should go about this? What amp and speakers would you get? Where does everyone install amps for the door speakers?

Thanks for any help!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Im sure running a stock speaker on one side and a component on the other didnt help.

Infinity kappas FTW.

OP
OP
S

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering if that would be a problem. I'll know better next time. Thanks!

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that the infinity was taking all of the power (because it needed it) from the other one and it was being pushed too hard

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
the infinitys have a lower ohm rating than stock, so due to less resistance, it was getting more power.

your list is correct. rewire the doors and your good. people typically put the amp under the back seat. good luck.

Crensign

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would install it under the passenger seat but the back seat is a great place also, th front seat, i always use for saving wire and less carpet to pull up..

OP
OP
S

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers! I'll be happy when everything is rewired and won't have to worry about wrecking another speaker.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
under powering speakers is the easiest way to blow them, especially if you cranked it past harmonic distortion. fresh components should help, remember to keep those gains down and I'd strongly recommend checking out the Alpine Imprint sound processor as an addition to your head unit.

OP
OP
S

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max,

Makes perfect sense, I have looked into the Imprint also. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap