New Z71 Tahoe in Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Townsend

Reaction score
Hey guys - new to the site, although I definitely utilized the forum when deciding on what to buy. After a lot of research, and shopping the surrounding markets for the right ride, I pulled the trigger on a 2004 Z71 Tahoe with 96k miles and every option I wanted (black exterior, light grey interior, captain chairs in the second row, and every option offered).

Originally from Tampa, FL, I moved to Colorado in August of 2012 and drove a 1997 Land Cruiser until now. Although I'll always love those things, the 10-13 mpg and complete lack of power in the mountain passes finally wore on me. In turn, I started looking for a newer SUV with a V8 that wouldn't get too too terrible of mpg, and would be reliable (1997 vs 2004) and less costly to repair...enter the Tahoe. I knew the black Z71 had always caught my eye, so I started the search.

Long story short, I couldn't be more excited to be in this amazing vehicle. Went up to Vail this weekend in the snow and couldn't have felt safer or happier with the purchase. Future plans? Nothing crazy - likely leveling kit (RC?), 33's (possibly 255/85r16's or 17's for better gas mileage and snow performance), and some black, more military style wheels. If anything, I wouldn't mind a "secret service" look to the truck. Also, an iSimple for something for iPhone integration, tint (at the very least matching the front windows to the back), and a remote start. This will be my DD, camping, ski trip, and "enjoy Colorado" vehicle. Looking forward to it guys - thanks!

Here's the day I picked her up (1/6/14)

4.gif
5.gif
1.gif

And her first trip (with me) to the mountains (1/12/14)

photo5.gif
photo6.gif

OP
OP
Townsend

Townsend

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I like the future plans you have in store.

Thanks! I've gotten all the inspiration from rides on here. Only thing I forgot to mention was a muffler as well. I'd do a full corsa setup but don't think it'll be in the budget...at least not anytime soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! good to see another one from colorado

laredo1307

Reaction score
Nice! That's the only Tahoe I would get rid of my 2dr for. I really like those Z71 models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus