Newbie from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsthere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, Long time owner of a 2004 Tahoe 5.3 4wd. We live on a mountain and use the 4x every winter on unplowed BLM roads. Shes does well until high centering underneath.

Finally time to replace the motor so currently knee deep in the engine bay, literally. Look at purchasing a reman this week, cleaning everything up, adding the pump rub kit and possibly a free-er flowing exhaust as the pipes are getting a bit rusty.

Anyways the truck been great even while drinking coolant from the 706 cracked head for past 80k. Internals look like some creature from SiFi with caked oil sludge everywhere. She kept running though up until a lifter got fed up. Learning a lot about these motor and look forward to participating in the forum and helping with my experiences when I can.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
F

firsthere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well here's where she stands, almost ready to pull the engine. not the most flattering of photo's.
I'm contemplating trying to take the transfer case along with the engine. Definitely the transmission will stay connected.

Attachments

• Tahoe Rebuild.jpg
    Tahoe Rebuild.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Tahoe Engine Pull.jpg
    Tahoe Engine Pull.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usadrenaline