No sound from FRONT speakers. Rear speakers wired to front??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeBlobs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sup yall. Just picked up a 2014 SSV, working on getting some things functional again.
Currently I'm hunting a door speaker issue.
Front door speakers do not work, but are connected.
Rear door speakers work.
Noticed when adjusting fader, the rear door speakers are actually functioning as if they were wired to the front.
Removed head unit, I see no spliced or cut wires.
Anyone have any ideas?
Currently tracking down any wiring diagrams and upfitter guides I can find.
Thank you!

448855112_341354305674471_2658102058488395800_n.jpg

OP
OP
JoeBlobs

JoeBlobs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I'm getting closer. Managed to find some info on this, figured I'd share this and the whole process if anyone else has the same issue.
Will get back to it after work tomorrow.

pg1_page-0001.jpgpg2_page-0001.jpg

Bowtie Bob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BOWTIE BOB HERE...the PPV/SSV Tahoe guy in NJ. Take a look all the way forward on your transmission hump where the flooring meet the dash. Locate a set of blue wire connectors wrapped in black cloth wire covering. They may be buried or have been cut off but they are for you front speakers. We usually have our police radios tied onto the door speakers. Does you horn work? Let me know how you make out. Bob

Bowtie Bob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sup yall. Just picked up a 2014 SSV, working on getting some things functional again.
Currently I'm hunting a door speaker issue.
Front door speakers do not work, but are connected.
Rear door speakers work.
Noticed when adjusting fader, the rear door speakers are actually functioning as if they were wired to the front.
Removed head unit, I see no spliced or cut wires.
Anyone have any ideas?
Currently tracking down any wiring diagrams and upfitter guides I can find.
Thank you!

View attachment 431304

Bowtie Bob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BOWTIE BOB HERE...the PPV/SSV Tahoe guy in NJ. Take a look all the way forward on your transmission hump where the flooring meet the dash. Locate a set of blue wire connectors wrapped in black cloth wire covering. They may be buried or have been cut off but they are for you front speakers. We usually have our police radios tied onto the door speakers. Does you horn work? Let me know how you make out. Bob