Oil pressure sending switch (info)FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks ,I'm new here .Few years ago i bought my wife a used 07 Yuk slt . with about 60k on it . shortly after we purchased it she called me freaking out all these lights are coming on in the dash and it says something about oil pressure on the read out. To make a long story short.I picked up a OP sending switch and preceeded to change it .Definatley a pain in the ____ to pull off the plenum etc... anyway swapped it , put it back together and the issue was still there??? Pulled it back apart , looked in the hole the sender threads into (dental mirror ,rear of motor) and discovered there is a very fine screen/strainer down in there and removed it. It did have carbon or black residue in it and some very fine metallic particals..Cleaned it out re install everything again and we were good to go !!! for 6 months. it did it again. never a problem again I run synth it it as well. so if you pick up a unit that appears to not have regular oil changes you may see this problem , always pull that screen and flush it .it set off traction control alerts?? as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian