OK, Bought a 07 with a couple problems today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpareParts

Reaction score
It is a 2007 Yukon XL Denali 1500. AWD 6.2L, 200K
It has the P0011 code and hot oil pressure is about 15PSI. Known when i bought it. It is in great shape with everything working except what could be a couple expensive problems im willing to fix.
1: VVT code P0011.
2: Rear shocks are blown. Pump is good.
Minor problems are.
1: All TPMS sensors read 148PSI but the scanner says all 4 batteries are ok.
2: Driving during the day it is very hard to see the dash gauges. I have to turn on the park lights to get the dash lights to come on so i can comfortably see the gauges.

Other then this stuff its in really great shape. Drives nice, No Dents, all glass good, No rips holes in the interior and other then a few rock chips on the front paint is good.
So tackle the expensive VVT first.
The engine does not make any strange noises but it was not cold and had been run from his house to the parking lot where we met.
After driving about 150 miles home with StabiliTrak warning coming on and off. No check engine light till i got into my driveway and it turned on.
Hot oil pressure is about 15PSI.
I have read a lot about fixing the VVT but nothing guaranteed to fix it.
I going to order the 3 new parts most replace and change them but,
I also notice the oil pressure gauge is really sluggish. From idle if i rev the engine to say 2K it takes a few seconds for the oil pressure to get up to 40PSI, when return back to idle the gauge will take maybe 7 seconds to return to 15PSI.
Im wondering if my engine has that screen and if so it might be clogged with gunk causing the sluggish gauge and possibly VVT not working properly?

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
Ohya. Changing the oil for sure next weekend. Did not even think to get a oil sample checked but good idea!.
Also have ordered a new GM Oil sender, screen and intake gaskets.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! Hopefully you can get it all sorted out! Sounds like you got a nice rig! The rear air assist shocks are crazy simple to change out and the replacement air assist Z55 shocks are fairly inexpensive these days compared to what they used to go for. They ride really nice on the correct suspension parts. Post some pics of the truck when you get a chance…. We love pics around here lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayers