Opinion: Upgrade to GM Perf. exhaust vs GM Perf. brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2024 RST 6.2L and want to mod it using GM Performance parts to keep my warranty, and I just feel better about sticking with OEM on a brand new vehicle.

I'm debating between getting the GM Performance exhaust (the GM one, not the GM/Borla version) or getting the GM Performance Brembo brakes front & rear.

The stock dual quad-tip exhaust sounds better than most stock exhausts, but I wish I could hear a deeper and slightly louder sound from the 6.2, and GM states it adds up to 11hp. But the GM Brembo brake upgrade looks really nice, and I think better braking is a more pragmatic upgrade. I can't justify the expense of doing both, so I want to choose one area to upgrade. Opinions or suggestions? What would you do?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2024 RST 6.2L and want to mod it using GM Performance parts to keep my warranty, and I just feel better about sticking with OEM on a brand new vehicle.

I'm debating between getting the GM Performance exhaust (the GM one, not the GM/Borla version) or getting the GM Performance Brembo brakes front & rear.

The stock dual quad-tip exhaust sounds better than most stock exhausts, but I wish I could hear a deeper and slightly louder sound from the 6.2, and GM states it adds up to 11hp. But the GM Brembo brake upgrade looks really nice, and I think better braking is a more pragmatic upgrade. I can't justify the expense of doing both, so I want to choose one area to upgrade. Opinions or suggestions? What would you do?
brakes all day
you can probably remove a resonator or something with the exhaust for $200 and get the sound youre looking for, as long as you leave the cats in place gm aint going to say anything warranty wise

iamlegion

Reaction score
If you’re not towing or racing the brakes are a total waste of money. You’ll never notice or realize the performance gains and if you ever have to replace pads or rotors they’re significantly more expensive.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on the exhaust train here. I have a '21 and 85% of my brakes remaining. I also have a Borla Touring Cat back and really appreciate the sound. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mariob4748