Painting dash and console trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc256

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some of the paint on my Denali interior is flaking off. I am wanting to repair the dark grey color on the dash trim and center console. Any suggestions?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted my center console because they all seem to flake on the Denalis: I grabbed a high heat BBQ grille paint I had sitting on the shelf and it actually turned out quite nice and is holding up really well though Im super gentle on my interiors....

IMG_20140415_200355_859_zps858dc35f.jpg

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black just doesn't look good, doesn't match anything else, sticks out like a sore thumb.............I could keep going, but why black?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The black just doesn't look good, doesn't match anything else, sticks out like a sore thumb.............I could keep going, but why black?
He straight up said "he had it sitting on a shelf" that might be the reason why.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I don't think it's terrible. If the exterior was black, it would be a nice accent. I noticed today at Home Depot that rustoleum has a grey spray, similar to plastidip. Looked almost the same color as the factory Denali color. Worth a shot

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well opinions are like assholes, you know the rest. It doesn't really match because its glossy, but if you think ANY GM interior doesn't have a crap ton of cheap black plastic trim you're smoking crack. Besides anything looks better then the crap they put on there stock and it didn't cost me a dollar to do it.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Well opinions are like assholes, you know the rest. It doesn't really match because its glossy, but if you think ANY GM interior doesn't have a crap ton of cheap black plastic trim you're smoking crack. Besides anything looks better then the crap they put on there stock and it didn't cost me a dollar to do it.

WOAH STEVE!!! lol

I think it looks nice! But to me.. anything thats free looks nice.. unless its an std or an ass whoopin.. :chair:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts