Parking in NY - Hoe Won :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought my first hoe a few months back, but with traveling and other reasons, I haven't had the time to take it into NY (gf's apt).

So, today was the maiden voyage with the inevitable parking coming up. For those that live or have parked in NY, people lovingly "bump" your car to make sure they're in the spot...my last car (Pontiac Grand Prix) was destroyed over time with people bumping my plastic bumpers.

Knowing this, i bought a '99 b/c of the nice big metal bumpers...AND an extendable trailer hitch and big ol' grill guard for extra protection :driver:

Well, what do you know...as i'm unloading my hoe, the first contestant comes up to the plate. SHE asks if i'm pulling out and i let her know i'm staying...this is where the fun begins.

She then decides she is going to stick her semi brand new plastic bumper econo box car into a space made for a motorcycle. A sedan on one side and my hoe on the other.

As i'm sure you can guess, she drives straight into the back of my hoe and i hear a crunch. I think to myself, sounds like she actually pierced her plastic radiator with the trailer hitch. Lucky for her, just the bumper.

At this point i think to myself..."good, she realizes her car doesn't fit and she just damaged it, she'll look for another spot" - as you can guess, not the case.

She then proceeds to hit the trailer hitch 4...yes 4....more times and finally jams her car in the spot.

Moral of the story - no matter how big your steel bumpers, grill guards, or bumper/radiator destroying trailer hitch...people are going to hit your prized posession and damage theirs at any cost.

Ok, i'm done. I just laughed my ass off everytime my hoe shook as i was getting groceries out of the back seat. Oh yeah...she was hitting my car as I was unloading it.:hitit:

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta love the bumpers on these hoes. my dad has hit deer at 45mph+ in his 94 burban with almost no damage. to a car or anything else the deer would destroy the car. but ya people are idiots when it comes to parking. i see it in downtown milwaukee. not as bad as you describe NY but they have the same idea (they want their car in a spot it doesnt fit)

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still laughing at that woman.

Wow. That's why I like living in the bush. The only things that may hit my rig have fur, four legs, antlers and look like Bambi.

Really though, WOW, still shaking my head.. I thought driving in Toronto was bad. Playing bumper cars to get across 8 lanes of traffic trying to get to the 400North from the 401west you may get hit, but that nothing compared to NY where you get hit while parked?

Damn, bluebear beat me to the deer joke!
Seriously, come to Canada! We have lots of wide open space to park your rig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
we have those two...they have two legs and fur...the local hunters call them blondes with drivers licenses.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sparg93 has the same reason i got an OBS Yukon - ITS MADE OF STEEL!
screw all this newer plastic crap.

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
as much as i love the new hoes, you can't beat the old school steel on the old bodies!!

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
These trucks are beast. I completely DESTROYED a two pole sign leaving a kmart parking lot one time, My truck hit a patch of ice at twenty miles an hour and just threw that thing down like it was nothing. When i say i destroyed it i mean i first bent it over, but then i saw after getting out to check the damage that i ripped it right out of the ground and dragged it a few feet in the process.

Looked at my bumper, No damage whatsoever. None. Just a few dent marks on that plastic guard around it. Thats it. I loved that truck. If i did that in my prizm....God knows i would be ******.

How did you keep your cool as she was hitting your truck!? I would have been like "LADY WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING? !!!!!"

Last edited:

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
These trucks are beast. I completely DESTROYED a two pole sign leaving a kmart parking lot one time, My truck hit a patch of ice at twenty miles an hour and just threw that thing down like it was nothing. When i say i destroyed it i mean i first bent it over, but then i saw after getting out to check the damage that i ripped it right out of the ground and dragged it a few feet in the process.

Looked at my bumper, No damage whatsoever. None. Just a few dent marks on that plastic guard around it. Thats it. I loved that truck. If i did that in my prizm....God knows i would be ******.

How did you keep your cool as she was hitting your truck!? I would have been like "LADY WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING? !!!!!"

you still got urs or did you sell?

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know. I may have to move to New York within a year. My old lady might be going to med school there. I was kinda worried about driving my 'hoe there, but I'm glad that I can play bumper cars with it and not worry. That's also a reason why I leave my hitch on all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx