pioneer model AVIC-X920BT issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i recently purchased a 2005 tahoe z-71 and the previous owner put this unit in. here are the issue i have:

1. When on the radio (FM), it will randomly start scanning my preset stations that i listen to which is really annoying. i even reset factory settings.

2. My Tahoe has the Panasonic Dvd player in the rear and I cannot get sound from it. I have been told that on the factory head unit there is a cd/aux button i need to push to switch the sound to the dvd unit in the rear but with that unit removed i cannot figure out how to get sound. maybe when the pioneer unit was installed they didn't tie in the dvd player?

I need help please!!!!

thanks.

OP
OP
micsand21

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was afraid this might be too technical. I'll take any suggestions at this point.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the overhead is not tied into the pioneer, mine is the same way, might have to hard wire it yourself, I may attempt this at some point in time, if I do I will post up a how to, if its possible

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear entertainment system will only work with the wireless headphones.

Are you pushing/turning any knobs/buttons when it starts seeking? When I first installed mine, I plugged the controller for the steering wheel buttons into the back of the unit, but had not yet hooked up module itself to the steering column and power source. It did the same thing when I tried to change the volume on the unit...would just start seeking.

OP
OP
micsand21

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@TnTahoe - thanks. definitely post your results if you do hardwire the back dvd player. the guy at best buy said you might find out how to do it on you tube.

@Scott - the first time it started doing it was when i was in the back seat trying to get sound to the dvd player and it started seeking by itself. i thought it was something i was pushing from the back. it did it again while driving the other day. i finally just preset the same station on all presets. best buy thinks the unit may be bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES