Pitman/idler arm replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just about ready to put the ol 98 Yuk on the road, but I noticed last week when driving it down the street that I had the death wobble, so today I checked the front end play and I need to replace the pitman and the idler arm. Got them both and rented the puller for them but there is no room to put the puller on. So I guess my question is what's the best and easiest way to replace them? I see a lot of people replacing them but no mention of how they got in there to replace it, any input guys? Please help trying to have her moving daily by next week! She's a 4wd by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall you remove the front crossmember or unbolt one side leave the other side loose so you can move it enough to get on it. I've never done it that way myself but I've been told I'm going to damage something my way. So ya figure out how to get the crossmember out of your way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian