Plasti-Dip Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
I realize that there are probably a million threads talking about this, but I couldn't find any with the search function. ANYWAY... The only thing on my Tahoe that is chrome right now, is the grille. I have the original 2007 LTZ grille (Black insert, chrome surround), which I have tried to get painted. My paint guy swears that it can't be painted, which I know isn't true, but anyway... I've noticed that alot of people on TYF have been using "plasti-dip" for almost everything. I was wondering if I could use it on my grille surround? And if so, how would I go about doing so? Any help would be appreciated.

-Robby

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean it and plasti dip it. The only thing you may not like is the texture and that the finish is not glossy. It's like $7 for a can and easily removable so I would say try it.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to post pics after you do it. I'm on the fence about doing it too.

I'm sure you will get around to it before I will.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why be on the fence about it? It's easy, fast, can be removed, and cheap. Try it, worst thing that happens is your out a few bucks and an afternoon :shrug:

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes post photos. im most likely doing my grill, and bumpers in this next month. so please post pictures if you do..

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did half of mine.....got the top half yet to do.

I don't regret it.

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plasti dipped my wood trim in my 08 tahoe and it came out fine.

people plasti dip there whole cars for that matte finish, so i think doing your grille would be safe. and not to mention its cheap and completely new look.

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plasit-dipped my grille surround a while back...I ended up having to redo it because the first time I onlt put three coats..this time I did 8(a whole can)....its came out great, and doesnt show any imperfections....The plasti-dip is under $6 at Lowe's...Here is a pic of mine...\

Grille.gif

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Alright! Sounds pretty easy. I'm gonna stop by Lowe's on Wednesday after school and pick up a can. @RydnDrty, your grille looks amazing! So basically, I can just clean it with like, dish washing detergent? Let it dry, then start coating it? How many coats should I do? 8? Thanks for the info guys! It seems like it's been sooo long since I've done anything to 'Hoe 1! I'm really excited to do this now! Haha. And I will most definitely post pix asap.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wash it like normal, dry it off, and do at least 4 coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fireball17