Plasti Dip Whole Tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

301tennis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up guys?? Got a quick question. I have been wanting to do a black matte on my gloss black Tahoe. I've been doing research on other ways of changing your color of your truck without spending thousands. Found plasti dip. I did my emblems and tires about a year ago. And i want to dip my whole truck now. Anyone have experience with plasti dipping a whole truck? Anyone have pics of a plasti dipped truck?? I live in the dmv and i haven't seen any trucks and one or two cars that have the matte paint job, so i thought i would be different. I thought about the vinyl wrap but again it’s pretty pricey. So i was thinking matte black the whole truck but leave the bump guards, emblems, trim, door handles, and tires gloss black to break the color up. Or should i paint everything matte black?? Thanks for the help. This is my first post so hopefully i wont get hazed toooooo bad

Attachments

• tahoe 3.jpg
    tahoe 3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 172

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest here. This is your ride so do what you want to do and rock it!! With that said IMO plastidip is great for emblems and smaller areas when dechroming or whatever but looks rather tacky when applied to an entire vehicle. There's a definitely difference between a plastidip "paint job" and a good Matte Black paint job. I personally wouldn't do it and would save up for a real paint job but that is just me.

OP
OP

301tennis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses!!! I love this place. I was doing research and found dipyourowncar.com . But the mostly have just cars up there. If done right it actually looks really good. Total cost to do a truck is about $300 - $400 and if i don't like it i can just peel it off. Vs doing the wrap and not liking it and then being stuck with it. What do you guys think about the color combo? All everything matte or leave so gloss on it?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses!!! I love this place. I was doing research and found dipyourowncar.com . But the mostly have just cars up there. If done right it actually looks really good. Total cost to do a truck is about $300 - $400 and if i don't like it i can just peel it off. Vs doing the wrap and not liking it and then being stuck with it. What do you guys think about the color combo? All everything matte or leave so gloss on it?

Doing a wrap is completely reversible, too, and actually protects your paint as well. In the long term, plastidip will also take a beating and show it's wear far sooner than a vinyl wrap or paint job will.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can peal the wrap off if you dont like it.. whats the appealing aspect of wrapping cars..