Problems with PS box leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dozerboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes 07 Tahoe PS box started to leak. They fixed it under warranty but had issues. Something about the fluid pressure not being right. Well it started to leak a few months later out of warranty, but under the repair warranty. We haven't gotten around to fixing it again. Just wondering if the is common or if they just screw up the repair. It wasn't a cheap fix and I don't want to be paying out of my pocket for future repairs.

Thanks

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes 07 Tahoe PS box started to leak. They fixed it under warranty but had issues. Something about the fluid pressure not being right. Well it started to leak a few months later out of warranty, but under the repair warranty. We haven't gotten around to fixing it again. Just wondering if the is common or if they just screw up the repair. It wasn't a cheap fix and I don't want to be paying out of my pocket for future repairs.

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue again. The most significant causes of power steering failures are: improper pulley installation, re-using the O-rings, using fluid other than the OE-specified steering fluid and failure to flush the power steering system. I am only stating significant root causes of failure; I am not implying this is the source of your problem.

Considering the part is currently under repair warranty, I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected and repaired by your local technician. The cause of the leak may differ.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

ess82198

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe was leaking at the gearbox. It was the 2 small HP and LP seals. Easy fix. Need to make sure thats where its leaking from and properly diagnose before you rip it apart.

jsmith14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can replace seals under the cap at the input shaft, but you may have to get a full rebuild kit to get them. and also you need a proper power steering fluid check.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codyaedwards