question still a noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ottis

Reaction score
Ok, the last couple times i have checked my fluids the coolant reservoir had barely anything in it. I have filled it up and the next time itll be empty. the radiator is always full but reservoir seems to empty for some reason. Any ideas? BTW its on a 99 with the 5.7L and i check it every 2wks or so.

There's a few more issues with it that i am still trying to figure out but dont want to overwhelm everyone.

joyride

Reaction score
Could be anything from a leaking radiator, bad water pump, intake gaskets or head gaskets.

Check around the water pump, or the front and back of the intake for leaks.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been an issue with mine since I've owned it.
My overflow tank has never had anything in it, ever.

Dont hold back, you wont overwhelm us. Thats why we are here ;)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you are leaking coolant when hot and when cooling down it takes from th reservoir to compensate. or your tank or tank hose is leaking from a crack.

OP
OP
ottis

ottis

Reaction score
thanks for the advice i will do some more investigating there is no drops under it when parked so thats what has me confused.

As far as the other issues the newest 1 is i did brakes and rotors this past weekend and now there seems to be a constant very light squel at low speeds dont know what that is. I had to grease everything cause the upper a frame zerts looked as if theyve never seen grease.

another issue is once in a while when first start up it kinda sounds like a miss fire / ping, I know i need new plugs cause when i checked 1 there wasnt much of the electrode left. just waiting on the money to do a tune up.

Also the puddle light on drivers door is out and was wondering how to change it without taking the door panel off.

Also back on the brakes deal, the old pads had nothing on them and the squel bar deal had worn a deep grove in the rotor and never did make any noise in the month and half we have had it, so i wonder what that was all about. Also would you reccommend doing the rear shoes too seeing how bad the front was?

well thats my unloading for the day, i am still working on getting pics up, just always convienently find something else to do when i think of it.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Could be headgasket issues. Check oil and see if there are water beads on the dipstick or if it looks like chocolate milk. With the truck running smell the exhaust... If it smells sweet...them you are burning off the antifreeze which isnt good.

OP
OP
ottis

ottis

Reaction score
I've also checked the dipstick and there is no milky substance or anything. I did notice around the underside of the radiator/towards the pulleys its wet, but still no puddle underneath, unless it's not enough to notice on the ground. I only check it everyother week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES