Question???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an 03 tahoe and i was wondering if i can put subs under the second row of seats cause i cant put a big o box in the rear.....

UWMlax15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that I know of is a box that can hold a 10 inch sub and an amp. Go on crutchfield.com and look it up. It's made by MTX and is I think, $250, sans sub/amp.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, Qlogic makes some as well on Crutchfileld, downfiring 10" under 2nd row seats.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of this kind of box installed with the seats folded all the way down? I am trying to figure if the seats will still lay flat or pretty close to it when folded before I plan on a box like that.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
126_b.jpg

http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/pc-126-3310-avalanche-gm-crewcab-trucks-suvs-black.aspx

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking to see if someone who had one could take a pic with the seat backs down as well. Trying to see if having the box there will keep the seats from folding flat. We take our 4 dogs up to Maine once or twice a year and need all the room we can get. If the seats don't fold flat or close to it, then I may have to...God help me...go the Stealthbox route.

UWMlax15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option is to get a center console box that holds an 8 inch, then put an aftermarket 8 inch in the stock location, then get an amp to run them. Someone double check me on this, but it would probably give the same, or more power than a single 10. Then you're guaranteed not to lose any space.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking to see if someone who had one could take a pic with the seat backs down as well. Trying to see if having the box there will keep the seats from folding flat. We take our 4 dogs up to Maine once or twice a year and need all the room we can get. If the seats don't fold flat or close to it, then I may have to...God help me...go the Stealthbox route.

I think you'll have to take it out to fold the seats flat, Mines sit up a little higher with my amp rack, and I'm sure that enclosure is bigger than my rack.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

The only way to have the subs out of the way is to put a 10 or 12 on the rear driver side behind the panel or do like UWMlax15 said.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can check to see if the seat folds down flat on the QLogic one, they are made here in our town and I know the owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap