Rear AC Problem - Dealer Says Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCALIGUY81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you guys think??? Need fast feedback because i have to approve the work tonight by 5 PST!

I've read that the temp actuator for the rear HVAC units can be reset by sometimes disconnecting the battery or something like that. Anyone have any experience with this issue??

If anyone has had this repair, what did it run?

Thanks!!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reset will sometimes work, but it's a temp fix until you have the dough to replace the actuator.

jsmith14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a similar problem and it was a broken vacuum line. If you only have air venting from the window defrost no matter what front vent selection you make than it is a vacuum line, this is the default vent position. My break was
under the hood right in front of the passenger seat, I was told by a mechanic that that is the most common break area. There is a vacuum line that comes off from the back of the engine and runs to the right side of the van it connects into a three way connector. One of the connections goes into the large black container on the passenger side the other goes into the firewall. The only problem I had was feeling around behind the container as I couldn't see were the hose went onto when I had it off, otherwise it was easy took 15 minutes to fix. or you can have a auto repair manuals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby